Bank of England cuts UK growth forecast
According to the country’ central bank, the UK economy will grow 2.5% this year and 2.6% in 2016, both down from its previous estimates of 2.9% for both years.
Meanwhile, according to preliminary data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS), the UK economy slowed 0.3% in the first quarter of 2015 after posting a growth rate of 0.6% in the last quarter of 2014. Economists’ initial estimates called for a growth rate of 0.5% in a survey by Bloomberg.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets extending uptrend into December
- Rising energy and feedstock prices prompt further gains in Asia PET markets
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness