Bank of Korea cuts rates to all time record low
The bank also aimed to maintain competitiveness in the export market as the country is facing slowing exports of electronics, automobiles and machinery due to lower-cost competitors in Taiwan and China as well as a weakening yen, which have made Japan’s exports more competitive.
The BOK’s interest rate reduction is the latest in a series of rate cuts globally. Previously, Thailand’s central bank unexpectedly lowered its benchmark interest rate by 0.25 basis points to 1.75% in order to boost slowing economic growth.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Upward trend gains momentum in China's import PP, PE markets
- Egypt’s import PVC market in short supply; local prices gear up
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF