Bank of Korea keeps rates unchanged at 2% for Nov
In October, the Bank cuts its growth estimates to 3.5% this year from 3.8% and to 3.9% from 4% for 2015 because of slowing domestic demand and lower exports in the face of Japan’s weaker yen against South Korean won, which has hurt exports. The country’s gross domestic product (GDP) rose 0.9% in the third quarter after posting a decrease of 0.5% in the second quarter of this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons