Bank of Korea leaves rates at record low, cuts growth forecast
In addition to MERS, the slowing Chinese economy, which is South Korea’s largest export market and the ongoing Greek debt crisis also helped generate uncertainty in South Korea’s economy. The country’s overseas sales declined 1.8% on the year in June while industrial output fell 2.8% in May from a year earlier.
Meanwhile, the central bank cuts its growth forecast for 2015 to 2.8% from the previously estimated growth rate of 3.1% in April while it kept its inflation estimate stable at 0.9%.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East