Bank of Korea may cut 2015 growth forecast
The Bank added that it will be difficult to maintain its growth forecast of 3.9% for 2015 due to weak consumer and business sentiment in the country as well as disappointing data emerging from other global economies. The Bank is also considering lowering its inflation forecast because of lower oil prices and a weaker won against the dollar.
South Korea’s economy grew by 3.2% on a yearly basis in the third quarter of this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019