Bechtel awarded for petchem project in Egypt
The first contract will reportedly provide project management services for the Tahrir Petrochemicals Complex at Ain Sokhna while the second one includes the construction of two new PP units at a site nearby.
Bechtel will also be responsible for designing, building and procuring all the equipments and materials for the PP expansion at the complex’s Oriental Petrochemicals site, the reports revealed.
Bechtel was previously awarded contracts for projects such as Borouge Petrochemical Complex in Abu Dhabi and CSPC Nanhai in China while it is now constructing an ethylene plant for ExxonMobil in Texas.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September