Belgium’s Solvay posts stronger financial results for Q2
Solvay’s net sales in the second quarter reached €3 billion, up 11% on a yearly basis and the company’s underlying EBITDA in functional polymers segment reached €82 million, up 57% on the year in the face of robust net pricing and continued automotive demand.
After posting the higher results for the second quarter, the company also expressed stronger expectations for the remainder of 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PVC prices cautiously rebound from more than 2-year lows
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains