Belgium’s Solvay posts stronger financial results for Q3
The company’s net sales were up 7.9% on a yearly basis to reach €2.585 billion in the third quarter compared with €2.449 billion in the same period of the previous year. The company’s REBITDA (recurring earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation) also reached €458 million, up 9.5% from the same period of 2013.
Meanwhile, Solvay’s performance chemicals business rose 5.2% year over year to €194 million and its functional polymers section was also up 18% yearly to reach €21 million in the third quarter of this year with the support of high manufacturing yields, broad excellence initiatives and good pricing.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers