Belgium’s Solvay posts stronger financial results for Q3
The company’s net sales were up 7.9% on a yearly basis to reach €2.585 billion in the third quarter compared with €2.449 billion in the same period of the previous year. The company’s REBITDA (recurring earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation) also reached €458 million, up 9.5% from the same period of 2013.
Meanwhile, Solvay’s performance chemicals business rose 5.2% year over year to €194 million and its functional polymers section was also up 18% yearly to reach €21 million in the third quarter of this year with the support of high manufacturing yields, broad excellence initiatives and good pricing.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets