Benzene contracts for Nov settle in Europe, Asia, US
In Asia, a Japanese producer settled their November benzene contract at $1095/ton CFR Asia, down $105/ton from October. The producer had initially nominated their November benzene contracts at $1180/ton CFR.
Meanwhile, in the United States, market sources report that the November benzene contract settled at $3.85/gallon ($1115/ton), down 37 cents/gallon ($111/ton) from the October settlement. The November settlement is the lowest contract reported since January 2012.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June