Blast near Hebei Shenghua’s PVC facility in China kills at least 23
The explosion reportedly erupted at the loading area next to the plant, killing at least 23 people. Another 22 people were injured and a score of vehicles, including several trucks that had lined up to deliver chemicals.
Although the exact cause of the incident was not officially disclosed, the media reported that it was still under investigation and may not be directly related to Shenghua’s plant.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm
- Türkiye witnesses plentiful PE offers amid globally weak demand
- India PP, PE markets’ slump extends into third month ahead of monsoon
- PP sellers trim May offers further, prices hit 3-month low in Europe