Borealis announces financial results for Q3
The increase was attributed to stronger margins for the company’s polyolefins and olefins businesses and the startup of the Borouge 3 complex, through which Borouge will increase its polyolefins production to 4.5 million tons/year.
Meanwhile, the company’s net debt for the third quarter reached €114 million ($142 million) due to an increase in working capital needs while its net sales declined to €2 billion ($2.5 billion) in the third quarter from €2.04 billion in the same period of 2013.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets