Borealis declares force majeure on PE, PP from Schwechat
Borealis reportedly uses olefins from OMV’s 500,000 tons/year ethylene cracker as feedstock at its Schwechat site.
It is not yet officially stated when OMV will restart its cracker and Borealis will lift the force majeure.
Borealis has a production capacity of 1,000,000 tons/year of PP and PE at its site.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US supplies, weak demand to keep Asian PVC downhill into October
- Insight: What will drive polymer markets from here? Demand or costs?
- October PP, PE expectations call for minor changes in Türkiye
- Import PE film prices at around-six-month highs in China and SE Asia
- African PP, PE markets fully head north in September
- Rising costs push PET bottle markets to around 4-month highs in Asia
- Mid-Eastern PP and PE markets join rally in September
- Asia’s PS, ABS markets reach multi-month highs on cost support
- LDPE sees larger gains on elusive supply in Europe
- Türkiye’s polymer markets in flux amid bullish costs, lackluster demand