Borealis plans restart at PE, PP plants, Belgium PP plant back up
OMV had declared force majeure from its cracker in mid-March, causing a lack of feedstock for Borealis’ Schwechat plants.
Meanwhile, Borealis reportedly restarted its PP plant in Kallo, Belgium and is rebuilding stocks, although force majeure from this site also remains in place.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa