Borealis reports financial results for Q1
The company attributed the rise in its net profits to the continuing high margins in the polyolefin business and the increasing contribution from Borouge, a joint venture between Abu Dhabi National Oil Company and Borealis.
Borealis expects to have a similar financial result in Q2 thanks to the expectations that polyolefin business and Borouge will continue to show a good performance and the conditions in fertilizer market will improve.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market