Borealis shuts polymer plants in Austria
The maintenance at the company’s polymer plants is in line with the maintenance OMV is conducting at its refinery at the same location, which supplies ethylene and propylene to Borealis’s plants.
The duration of the maintenance at Borealis’s polymer plants is not yet known, sources said. However, OMV’s refinery shutdown will reportedly last until the middle of June.
OMV has 36% of Borealis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high
- Stats: China’s cumulative PP imports in Jan-July 2020 reach record-high
- Sept PP, PE trend begins to take shape in Saudi Arabia
- Sept expectations voiced in Europe; ABS draws rosier picture than PS