Borouge 3 looking to raise production rates
The producer has existing capacities of 2.1 million tons/year of ethylene, 1.11 million tons/year of PE and 800,000 tons/year of PP at its Borouge 1 and Borouge 2 complexes.
In June 2014, the company started up its 1.5 million tons/year Borouge 3 ethane cracker in Ruwais and subsequently started up its 1.08 million tons/year PE plant at the Borouge 3 complex. The Borouge 3 complex also includes a 960,000 tons/year PP plant and a 350,000 tons/year LDPE plant. A source close to the company said that Borouge 3 was likely to raise its operating rates by the second half of the year.
The company reportedly expects 2015 to be a challenging year owing to lower oil prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- December hints at further hikes in Europe’s PS, ABS markets
- Global polymer markets face soaring freights amid pent-up demand
- RCEP to boost Asia-Pacific polymer trade; will global PP, PE trade flows change?
- PVC sellers’ India pricing strategy may differ from other Asian markets
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets