Borouge 3 looking to raise production rates
The producer has existing capacities of 2.1 million tons/year of ethylene, 1.11 million tons/year of PE and 800,000 tons/year of PP at its Borouge 1 and Borouge 2 complexes.
In June 2014, the company started up its 1.5 million tons/year Borouge 3 ethane cracker in Ruwais and subsequently started up its 1.08 million tons/year PE plant at the Borouge 3 complex. The Borouge 3 complex also includes a 960,000 tons/year PP plant and a 350,000 tons/year LDPE plant. A source close to the company said that Borouge 3 was likely to raise its operating rates by the second half of the year.
The company reportedly expects 2015 to be a challenging year owing to lower oil prices.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets