Borouge begins construction of new PP plant in UAE
With a nameplate capacity of 480,000 tons/year, the new PP plant will be integrated with the existing Borouge 3 plant at the same site and boost the company’s PP capacity to 2.24 million tons/year.
The new plant, which marks the company’s fifth PP plant in Ruwais, is expected to come on stream in the third quarter of 2021.
Borouge granted several new awards and additional works of existing contracts to Italy’s Tecnimont SpA for a total amount of $730 million for licensing, engineering services as well as engineering, procurement, and construction services in July this year.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm