Borouge to launch PP plants in Ruwais
Borouge completed construction of the Borouge 3 complex last December. The company started up its 1.5 million tons/year Borouge 3 ethane cracker in Ruwais at the start of June. The company had also launched its 1.08 million tons/year PE plant at Borouge 3 complex.
The company has existing capacities of 2.1 million tons/year of ethylene, 1.14 million tons/year of PE and 800,000 tons/year of PP at its Borouge 1 and Borouge 2 complexes. With the launch of the entire Borouge 3 complex, the company’s total capacity will increase to 3.6 million tons/year of ethylene, 2.6 million tons/year of PE and 1.76 million tons/year of PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints, demand send Turkey PE market to 2-month high
- China's PP upturn enters third week on more bullish fundamentals
- Asia PET markets increase marginally on cost support, healthy Chinese demand
- Southeast Asian PVC markets supported by Indian demand
- Gradually returning demand offers glimmer of hope in polymer markets
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations