Borouge to launch PP plants in Ruwais
Borouge completed construction of the Borouge 3 complex last December. The company started up its 1.5 million tons/year Borouge 3 ethane cracker in Ruwais at the start of June. The company had also launched its 1.08 million tons/year PE plant at Borouge 3 complex.
The company has existing capacities of 2.1 million tons/year of ethylene, 1.14 million tons/year of PE and 800,000 tons/year of PP at its Borouge 1 and Borouge 2 complexes. With the launch of the entire Borouge 3 complex, the company’s total capacity will increase to 3.6 million tons/year of ethylene, 2.6 million tons/year of PE and 1.76 million tons/year of PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons