Brasil’s Braskem resumes production at Camacari complex
The cracker was shut on November 1 for a planned maintenance which was expected to last for 45 days. It was initially planned to be restarted on December 15.
The complex, which is the largest petrochemical complex in Brazil, has two steam crackers with a combined capacity of 1.28 million tons/year of ethylene. It also produces PP, PE and PVC, which were affected by the shutdown at the cracker, according to sources.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Global oil and petchem revenues hit by challenging market environment
- Tightness shapes expectations for Sept PVC pricing in Asia
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia