Braskem shuts Camacari aromatics unit
The maintenance will reportedly last for about 30-35 days while it is not yet known which production will be impacted.
The Camacari complex, which is the largest petrochemical complex in Brazil, has two steam crackers with a combined capacity of 1.28 million tons/year ethylene. It can also produce PP, PE and PVC as well as 427,000 tons/year of benzene and 203,000 tons/year of PX.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint