Brazil’s Braskem announces its financial results for Q3
The company’s capacity utilization rate rose 6% on a quarterly basis to 90% while its sales of PE, PP and PVC also grew 5% year over year to 939,000 tons/year in the third quarter of 2014.
The company’s earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (EBITDA) was recorded at Real 1.5 billion ($581 million) which the company attributed to better margins on petrochemical products and the growth in sales volume. The company’s net income decreased 42% on a yearly basis to Real 230 million ($89.2 million) when compared to the same period of 2013.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East