Brazil’s Braskem boosts exports by 62% in Q1
The company’s PE, PP and PVC exports rose by 62% on the year to reach over 415,000 tons in the first quarter compared with 256,000 tons in the same quarter of last year while posting a 107% rise compared with 200,000 tons of exports reported in the last quarter. PVC export sales reached over 34,000 tons compared with 13,000 tons in the last quarter of 2015. Singapore, Japan and the US became the main PVC export destinations in the first quarter. 9,000 tons of PVC was reportedly exported to the US. In total, PE and PP exports rose by 48% to 381,000 tons compared with 256,000 tons in the first quarter of last year. Braskem reported that South America, Europe and North America were the main destinations for its PP exports in the first quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asia PET markets stay soft as supplies accumulate amid seasonal lull
- Price gap between PVC and HDPE pipe shrinks in Vietnam
- Spot C3 prices in Europe and Asia fall to new lows as supply lengthens
- European PE prices at a decade low, eroding demand for recycled grades
- US HDPE, LLDPE fall below $800 in Turkey; does further weakness lurk ahead?
- SE Asia’s import homo-PP market sinks to 3-and-a-half year low
- PVC market in China suffers larger declines than in India
- African PE markets hit historical lows on greater competition from US supply
- Italy’s PVC market takes a downward turn in Nov following ethylene
- Turkey’s import PP market hovers around 3-year low as activity stays depressed