Brazil’s Braskem boosts exports by 62% in Q1
The company’s PE, PP and PVC exports rose by 62% on the year to reach over 415,000 tons in the first quarter compared with 256,000 tons in the same quarter of last year while posting a 107% rise compared with 200,000 tons of exports reported in the last quarter. PVC export sales reached over 34,000 tons compared with 13,000 tons in the last quarter of 2015. Singapore, Japan and the US became the main PVC export destinations in the first quarter. 9,000 tons of PVC was reportedly exported to the US. In total, PE and PP exports rose by 48% to 381,000 tons compared with 256,000 tons in the first quarter of last year. Braskem reported that South America, Europe and North America were the main destinations for its PP exports in the first quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PP uptrend falters in Indonesia amid downstream resistance
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally