Brazil’s Braskem boosts exports by 62% in Q1
The company’s PE, PP and PVC exports rose by 62% on the year to reach over 415,000 tons in the first quarter compared with 256,000 tons in the same quarter of last year while posting a 107% rise compared with 200,000 tons of exports reported in the last quarter. PVC export sales reached over 34,000 tons compared with 13,000 tons in the last quarter of 2015. Singapore, Japan and the US became the main PVC export destinations in the first quarter. 9,000 tons of PVC was reportedly exported to the US. In total, PE and PP exports rose by 48% to 381,000 tons compared with 256,000 tons in the first quarter of last year. Braskem reported that South America, Europe and North America were the main destinations for its PP exports in the first quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe