Brazil’s Braskem boosts exports by 62% in Q1
The company’s PE, PP and PVC exports rose by 62% on the year to reach over 415,000 tons in the first quarter compared with 256,000 tons in the same quarter of last year while posting a 107% rise compared with 200,000 tons of exports reported in the last quarter. PVC export sales reached over 34,000 tons compared with 13,000 tons in the last quarter of 2015. Singapore, Japan and the US became the main PVC export destinations in the first quarter. 9,000 tons of PVC was reportedly exported to the US. In total, PE and PP exports rose by 48% to 381,000 tons compared with 256,000 tons in the first quarter of last year. Braskem reported that South America, Europe and North America were the main destinations for its PP exports in the first quarter.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Freight rates near pre-Covid levels as pace of normalization accelerates
- Bleak outlook for Q1 keeps European PP, PE buyers sidelined
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov