Brazil’s Braskem suspends production at its Sao Paulo complex
The ABC petrochemical complex can produce 1.6 million tons/year of olefins and aromatics while the affected units reportedly include a 700,000 tons/year ethylene cracker, 300,000 tons/year propylene unit, a 255,000/tons benzene unit as well as an 800,000 tons/year PP plant and a 490,000 tons/year PE unit.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam PP market yet to respond to faltering upturn in China
- Turkey’s PE market stuck between weak fundamentals and up pressure from China
- Firming PP trend falters in China’s local market
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe