Brazil’s Braskem to start up PE specialty plant in Houston
The plant is expected to be opened after the construction is completed in October, 2017, the reports revealed. With this plant, the company’s global business director said that Braskem will produce ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene for the first time. This is a stronger kind of polyethylene and used for more industrial purposes to compete with steel.
According to media reports, the new products will be sold mostly in the local market within the US as the global market for these products is currently very small at 200,000 tons/year. However, a limited amount will be exported to mainly Asia and other markets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Spot PE markets recede from all-time high in Europe
- Turkey’s PP market starts to stabilize, will other polymers follow suit?
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets