Brazil’s Braskem to start up PE specialty plant in Houston
The plant is expected to be opened after the construction is completed in October, 2017, the reports revealed. With this plant, the company’s global business director said that Braskem will produce ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene for the first time. This is a stronger kind of polyethylene and used for more industrial purposes to compete with steel.
According to media reports, the new products will be sold mostly in the local market within the US as the global market for these products is currently very small at 200,000 tons/year. However, a limited amount will be exported to mainly Asia and other markets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- China’s PET markets extend rebound on firmer costs
- Asian ethylene-naphtha spread at almost 7-year low
- European PVC defies global uptrend
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets at a standstill amid lingering downturn
- PVC downturn persists in China’s local market despite bullish imports
- China's PP market at almost 2-year low; H2 outlook bearish
- Asian spot ethylene market plunges to decade low
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high