Brazil’s Braskem to start up PE specialty plant in Houston
The plant is expected to be opened after the construction is completed in October, 2017, the reports revealed. With this plant, the company’s global business director said that Braskem will produce ultra-high molecular weight polyethylene for the first time. This is a stronger kind of polyethylene and used for more industrial purposes to compete with steel.
According to media reports, the new products will be sold mostly in the local market within the US as the global market for these products is currently very small at 200,000 tons/year. However, a limited amount will be exported to mainly Asia and other markets.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends