Buyer: Taiwanese producer sells out March PVC quota to India
The buyer commented, “We managed to secure some cargoes from the producer at the reported level. We are now waiting to hear new offers from South Korea and Japan. We need to build some stocks as availability is limited in the local market. For the near term, we expect to see further increases.”
In India, import PVC k67 prices are currently reported at $850-900/ton on a CIF India, cash equivalent basis.
Meanwhile, an Indian producer has reportedly raised their domestic PVC prices by INR1000/ton ($16/ton) following the Taiwanese major’s recent price adjustments.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem