Buyers: domestic PP sold at attractive prices in Indonesia
A woven bag manufacturer who purchased domestic raffia at $1050/ton FD added, “We are seeing good end product demand these days as a few of our competitors have exited the business, although we are only able to conclude deals domestically and are struggling to conclude export sales. We are purchasing in small amounts on a fairly regular basis as we feel that prices have not yet reached the bottom.”
Another converter active in the packaging sector reported purchasing domestic raffia and injection at $1020/ton FD, cash. “We were able to get a good price from our supplier as we agreed to purchase 500 tons of material. We prefer to meet our needs from the local market these days due to the rapid depreciation of the rupiah, which has sunk to around 14,200 to the dollar,” the buyer stated.
Domestic homo-PP injection and raffia prices came down $30-80/ton on the week to be quoted at $1020-1115/ton FD Indonesia, cash equivalent basis.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Post-holiday hikes carry China homo-PP market to 1-year high
- Asia PVC markets see longest rising streak ever on extreme tightness
- Africa polymers: October offers higher amid reduced availability
- Stable to softer PE trend prevails in Europe amid soft demand, poor netbacks
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets move up, but riddled with uncertainties
- India, SEA PVC markets unlikely to take respite from bullish run for November
- Southeast Asia PET markets move sideways during China’s absence
- Egypt’s import PE market up on tight supply, domestic offers follow suit
- Will European PS, ABS track divergent paths for another month?
- Turkey PP and PE regain premium over China, LDPE fails to make a sprint