Buyers: local March PP, PE prices announced higher in Malaysia
A plastic bag manufacturer reported that they received new March prices from a local producer today with increases of MYR330/ton ($92/ton) for PE and MYR550/ton ($153/ton) for PP at MYR4600/ton ($1281/ton) for LDPE and HDPE, at MYR4700/ton ($1309/ton) for LLDPE and at MYR4470/ton ($1245/ton) for homo-PP film, all on an FD Malaysia, cash basis. The buyer stated, “We have been holding low stock levels as we were making losses. Nowadays, we are having difficulties to find materials in the market as supplies are quite limited.”
A second converter also reported receiving new March PP and PE prices with increases at MYR4680/ton ($1298/ton) for homo-PP film, at MYR4670/ton ($1295/ton) for LDPE, at MYR4750/ton ($1318/ton) for LLDPE and at MYR4700/ton ($1304/ton) for HDPE film, all on an FD Malaysia, 30 deferred payment basis. The buyer commented, “Local prices increased significantly, especially for homo-PP film, as new offers indicate a hike of MYR620/ton ($171/ton) when compared to the most recent prices that we received for this product. We are currently taking a cautious stance towards the market and are not planning to make large scale purchases. We are feeling uncertain about the near term outlook.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook