Buying interest for American PVC cargoes fades in Turkey
This week, American PVC k67-68 offers have been reported at $890-920/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs and $45/ton anti-dumping duty, cash. A trader receiving an offer on the high end commented that sellers can hardly make sales at these levels given the presence of attractive European offers, which were reported at $925-960/ton CIF Turkey, cash no duty basis this week.
“As the gap between European and US PVC prices is quite narrow, few players will be interested in American cargoes. It is difficult to make sales at $920/ton CIF for US k67 when European origins are being sold at $925/ton CIF. Under balanced market conditions, US cargoes should be $60/ton below European material to ensure smooth sales for American cargoes,” commented a trader.
A buyer, who reported receiving a US offer within the range mentioned above, commented that they would not take the risk of securing US cargoes with long delivery dates and using their re-export license at this level as European materials are offering a more competitive edge.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers
- Focus turns to August in Turkey: PP and PE players sidelined amid blurry outlook
- SEA PE uptrend intact, yet increases capped by reduced demand
- Taiwanese major hikes Aug PVC offers to Asia as limited availability outweighs monsoon effect
- East African PP, PE markets on rise for July but deals still scarce