Buying interest for American PVC cargoes fades in Turkey
This week, American PVC k67-68 offers have been reported at $890-920/ton CFR Turkey, subject to 6.5% customs and $45/ton anti-dumping duty, cash. A trader receiving an offer on the high end commented that sellers can hardly make sales at these levels given the presence of attractive European offers, which were reported at $925-960/ton CIF Turkey, cash no duty basis this week.
“As the gap between European and US PVC prices is quite narrow, few players will be interested in American cargoes. It is difficult to make sales at $920/ton CIF for US k67 when European origins are being sold at $925/ton CIF. Under balanced market conditions, US cargoes should be $60/ton below European material to ensure smooth sales for American cargoes,” commented a trader.
A buyer, who reported receiving a US offer within the range mentioned above, commented that they would not take the risk of securing US cargoes with long delivery dates and using their re-export license at this level as European materials are offering a more competitive edge.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey shattered as PP prices shoot up to surreal levels
- Polymer markets face one of most chaotic times
- Turnaround season set to get underway in Asia
- Crude oil heals COVID-inflicted wounds; now what lies ahead?
- Global shipping turmoil deepens, adding to the upheaval in plastic resins
- China’s post-holiday polymer outlook supported by supply limitations, crude oil
- US PE exports hit record high for 2020 despite production and logistics hurdles
- African PP, PE markets firmer on continued tightness in supplies
- Lack of sales pressure supports SEA PE markets
- Will soaring prices attract PP, PE imports to Europe?