CB&I awarded EPC contract for Oman’s Liwa project
The contract value was reported at $2.8 billion and includes the steam cracker and associated utilities within the planned project. The Liwa Plastics Complex is slated to have production capacities of 440,000 tons/year of HDPE, 440,000 tons/year of LLDPE and 400,000 tons/year of PP. The complex will also house an 800,000 tons/year steam cracker.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?