California bans the use of plastic bags
The reports indicate that the decision came out of a referendum on the subject in which the voters who are in favor of banning the plastic bags won by 51.97% over 48.3% despite the campaigns heavily run by the plastic bag industry.
Similar decisions have been taken in many other countries around the world to reduce the consumption of plastic bags. Morocco, Italy, Bangladesh and Netherlands are among the countries which have completely banned the use of plastic bags while Germany, China and the UK implemented taxes on the use of plastic bags as a deterrent.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Pent-up demand lifts India’s PP market
- Europe continues to defy global PVC trend
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets continue to slide in January
- Europe’s PE markets under pressure from rising supplies
- PP demand fares better than PE in Turkey
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing