California bans the use of plastic bags
The reports indicate that the decision came out of a referendum on the subject in which the voters who are in favor of banning the plastic bags won by 51.97% over 48.3% despite the campaigns heavily run by the plastic bag industry.
Similar decisions have been taken in many other countries around the world to reduce the consumption of plastic bags. Morocco, Italy, Bangladesh and Netherlands are among the countries which have completely banned the use of plastic bags while Germany, China and the UK implemented taxes on the use of plastic bags as a deterrent.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PET sellers hunt for signs of market bottom in Europe
- India’s import PP, PE markets rebound in Jan after several months of declines
- Tight supplies keep Asian PVC markets bullish
- Crude oil market sentiment turns in favour of bulls
- Will European PVC take a breather from 9-month downtrend in February?
- Supply limitations bolster Feb PP and PE outlook in Turkey
- China’s import PP markets climb to 6-month highs prior to Lunar New Year
- Weak activities press import PE, PP suppliers for discounts in Egypt
- Price erosion continues inside Middle Eastern polyolefins markets
- European PP, PE markets open 2023 with renewed drops