California bans the use of plastic bags
The reports indicate that the decision came out of a referendum on the subject in which the voters who are in favor of banning the plastic bags won by 51.97% over 48.3% despite the campaigns heavily run by the plastic bag industry.
Similar decisions have been taken in many other countries around the world to reduce the consumption of plastic bags. Morocco, Italy, Bangladesh and Netherlands are among the countries which have completely banned the use of plastic bags while Germany, China and the UK implemented taxes on the use of plastic bags as a deterrent.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Energy consumption curbs start to bite Chinese petchem markets
- Spot PE markets yield to fading demand, better availability in Europe
- Turkey’s PS, EPS markets retain uptrend on low availability
- China’s PP, PE and PVC markets continue to offer poor netbacks despite better sentiment
- LDPE run-up enters its third month in China as tightness persists
- African PP, PE markets extend gains into Sept on tightness
- European PS follows SM lower in Sept, ABS flat on tightness
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs