California bans the use of plastic bags
The reports indicate that the decision came out of a referendum on the subject in which the voters who are in favor of banning the plastic bags won by 51.97% over 48.3% despite the campaigns heavily run by the plastic bag industry.
Similar decisions have been taken in many other countries around the world to reduce the consumption of plastic bags. Morocco, Italy, Bangladesh and Netherlands are among the countries which have completely banned the use of plastic bags while Germany, China and the UK implemented taxes on the use of plastic bags as a deterrent.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- More US PE offers find way to China, SE Asia; yet allocations still limited
- European PVC market hits 2-year high on tightness
- Supply constraints send key ABS markets to new highs
- Tightness leads to renewed PP hikes in China; Saudi raffia moves above $1000 CIF
- Asian PVC players brace for 7th straight monthly hike in Taiwanese major’s delayed Dec offers
- Saudi major seeks hikes for November in global PE, PP markets
- Bullish sentiment for PE cools off across globe, LD remains resilient
- Bullish run for PVC enters 6th month in Turkey: Supply relief under question
- Import PE tightness eases off in China; LDPE stabilizes at two-and-a-half-year high
- Overseas PP producers’ focus shifts to SE Asia as Chinese demand fades