Canada to double support for petrochemical upgrading
The government highlighted that 23 petrochemical upgrading project applications worth around $60.2 billion were received since the program was announced earlier in 2018.
After the initial $500 million of support announced in March 2018, the second round of the Petrochemicals Diversification Program will provide a total of $1.1 billion for approved projects, the government stated.
Canada Kuwait Petrochemical Corporation’s PDH/PP facility is among the ongoing projects being developed in the province. The project is expected to be located in Sturgeon County, Alberta and once it becomes operational, the facility will produce over 540,000 tons/year of PP.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Vietnam’s polymer markets buckle under an influx of Chinese cargoes
- Divergence grows between Egypt’s import and local PP, PE markets
- PP markets in China, Vietnam hit 3-year lows, readying to test new lows
- African PE, PP markets extend slide into May
- Asian PS, ABS markets at 2½-3-year lows amid Chinese oversupply
- India’s Q1 PVC imports hit record-high; did buyers rush to stock up before expected restrictions?
- LDPE prices move below LLDPE, HDPE on global lethargy
- Slide deepens in Middle Eastern PP, PE markets through May
- Oil prices down for fourth straight week, delicate balance ahead
- European ABS under pressure from aggressive imports, PS holds firm