Chandra Asri signs contract with Japanese Toyo for new PE plant
The brand new facility will locate in Cilegon, Banten, Indonesia while the construction is planned to be completed in 2019. The facility will be able to produce 400,000 tons/year of HDPE, LLDPE and metallocene LLDPE in total and it will lift Chandra Asri’s PE production capacity to 736,000 tons/year.
Estimated at a total value of approximately USD350 million, the project is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and commence operations in early 2020, media sources stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers
- European PP market ceases upward trend in September
- Force majeure declarations rock the boat in Turkish PVC market
- China’s PE uptrend fueled by US force majeures; LDPE soars to more than 1-year high