ChemOrbis 2nd PO Event: Gaziantep to become a petchem hub
Mr. Eroglu stated that Turkey and Saudi Arabia would co-operate in the development of the “Merhaba” IPP project in Gaziantep which is the number one city in the world in terms of polypropylene consumption.
During his presentation, Mr. Eroglu shared some valuable data on Turkey’s plastics processing development in the recent years. He also talked about the advantages and disadvantages that the Gulf Cooperative Countries (GCC) have in their petrochemical industry.
He highlighted that Turkey has the largest plastics processing capacity in the Middle East while standing in third place in Europe. However, the country is only able to produce 12% of its raw material needs. Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia is one of the biggest petrochemical producers in the world although Saudi Arabia has only a limited plastics processing capacity. According to Mr. Eroglu, PAGEV’s Merhaba IPP project aims to gather these two powers in Gaziantep in order to develop an integrated petrochemical park.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shortage pushes Europe’s ABS markets to multi-year highs
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets