ChemOrbis 2nd PO Event: Gaziantep to become a petchem hub
Mr. Eroglu stated that Turkey and Saudi Arabia would co-operate in the development of the “Merhaba” IPP project in Gaziantep which is the number one city in the world in terms of polypropylene consumption.
During his presentation, Mr. Eroglu shared some valuable data on Turkey’s plastics processing development in the recent years. He also talked about the advantages and disadvantages that the Gulf Cooperative Countries (GCC) have in their petrochemical industry.
He highlighted that Turkey has the largest plastics processing capacity in the Middle East while standing in third place in Europe. However, the country is only able to produce 12% of its raw material needs. Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia is one of the biggest petrochemical producers in the world although Saudi Arabia has only a limited plastics processing capacity. According to Mr. Eroglu, PAGEV’s Merhaba IPP project aims to gather these two powers in Gaziantep in order to develop an integrated petrochemical park.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?