ChemOrbis 2nd PVC Event: Russia’s PVC market moves into balance
However, despite the declining PVC demand and lessening imports, China is still the largest PVC exporter to Russia, followed by the United States of America. PVC consumption used to be higher than production in Russia, but this situation has started to change lately, especially after the start-up of RusVinyl’s new 300,000 tons/year PVC plant.
During his presentation, Alabin also stated that the profile moulded products, mainly window profiles, form the largest section in the market in terms of demand with 58.7%. Demand for plasticates and floor and wall coverings follow that with 15.7% and 10%, respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia
- European PP market sees step backs from initial July offers