ChemOrbis 2nd PVC Event: Russia’s PVC market moves into balance
However, despite the declining PVC demand and lessening imports, China is still the largest PVC exporter to Russia, followed by the United States of America. PVC consumption used to be higher than production in Russia, but this situation has started to change lately, especially after the start-up of RusVinyl’s new 300,000 tons/year PVC plant.
During his presentation, Alabin also stated that the profile moulded products, mainly window profiles, form the largest section in the market in terms of demand with 58.7%. Demand for plasticates and floor and wall coverings follow that with 15.7% and 10%, respectively.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- African PP, PE markets down as demand weakens further in May
- Turkey polymer markets entering holiday amid weak atmosphere, what lies ahead?
- European PP retains strength under shadow of arriving imports
- Will PVC prices ever come back to the pre-pandemic levels?
- Global petchem companies’ profits surge in Q1
- Polymer demand takes a heavy knock from deepening COVID crisis in India
- Stats: Turkey’s polymer imports rise to fresh records in Q1
- HDPE set to reach a plateau in Europe, LDPE fares better
- Bearish PP trend takes no respite on lackluster demand in Turkey
- India import PVC market recedes from all-time high on COVID-hit demand