ChemOrbis 2nd PVC Event: US to continue to set the PVC market
He pointed out that exports out of the US have been gradually rising since 2009, compensating for the collapse caused by the housing bubble. At the same time, he showed that domestic PVC demand is not returning even though the housing sector is recovering in the US. This may lead to further growth in exports, he opines.
In his review of the North American PVC players and their strategies, Kirby said that several vinyls producers including Shintech and Axiall have announced plans for cracker integration in order to take advantage of ethylene feedstock margins.
In the last part of his speech, Kirby analyzed the resulting impacts of these developments on the global PVC market. He argued that the US will continue to raise its operating rates thanks to exports. Having become the major exporter of PVC, the US will be able to add more capacity and increase its global dominance, he concluded.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East