ChemOrbis 2nd PVC Event: US to continue to set the PVC market
He pointed out that exports out of the US have been gradually rising since 2009, compensating for the collapse caused by the housing bubble. At the same time, he showed that domestic PVC demand is not returning even though the housing sector is recovering in the US. This may lead to further growth in exports, he opines.
In his review of the North American PVC players and their strategies, Kirby said that several vinyls producers including Shintech and Axiall have announced plans for cracker integration in order to take advantage of ethylene feedstock margins.
In the last part of his speech, Kirby analyzed the resulting impacts of these developments on the global PVC market. He argued that the US will continue to raise its operating rates thanks to exports. Having become the major exporter of PVC, the US will be able to add more capacity and increase its global dominance, he concluded.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Longest-ever rally staggers in Turkey’s PVC market
- Upstream keeps China PET afloat; prices hit 11-month high
- Import PVC uptrend loses momentum in Asia; is the 9-month rally coming to an end?
- Tightness brings further price hikes in African PP, PE markets
- European PP hits new highs after 3-digit hikes for January
- Turkey’s PP, PE markets open 2021 with supply-driven hikes
- Vietnam’s local homo-PP market retreats for 3rd week on subdued demand
- China’s PE demand wavers amid controls on environmental pollution and electricity use
- January trend takes shape in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Stats: Turkey’s 2020 polymer imports set to beat the 2017 record