ChemOrbis 6th Asia Petrochemical Conference: Mapping the industry's future shipping needs
As according to Mr.Mirosevic-Sorgo, ethylene needs a special carrier and cannot shipped in ordinary cargo vessels. In terms of cost, an additional 10% is needed when building ships for ethylene shipments. Currently the US is planning to have a total ethylene expansion of 8.3 million tons/year in ethylene capacity by 2018. On the other hand, China will undergo a massive propylene expansion as the country plans to add 7 million tons of new PDH capacity.
The cost of shipping can be calculated based on time in port, sea passage, port costs, loading and discharging.
He also added that Iran’s petrochemical sector may grow further after sanctions are lifted. During the period of sanctions, Iran invested $60 billion in building ports and ships.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem