ChemOrbis 6th Asia Petrochemical Conference: Mapping the industry's future shipping needs
As according to Mr.Mirosevic-Sorgo, ethylene needs a special carrier and cannot shipped in ordinary cargo vessels. In terms of cost, an additional 10% is needed when building ships for ethylene shipments. Currently the US is planning to have a total ethylene expansion of 8.3 million tons/year in ethylene capacity by 2018. On the other hand, China will undergo a massive propylene expansion as the country plans to add 7 million tons of new PDH capacity.
The cost of shipping can be calculated based on time in port, sea passage, port costs, loading and discharging.
He also added that Iran’s petrochemical sector may grow further after sanctions are lifted. During the period of sanctions, Iran invested $60 billion in building ports and ships.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa