ChemOrbis Europe Petrochemicals Conference: Growth prospects for the global PET market
Bertaggia noted that global PET consumption is projected to grow by 4.9% year on year in 2016, with the Asia Pasific region accounting for over 37% of the current global consumption followed by North America. Asia currently holds a 50% share in global PET capacity, which is projected to increase by another 9% by 2016.
According to Bertaggia, China’s PET exports exceeded 2.1 million tons in 2014. “Export PET prices from China have fallen from an average of $1270/ton in September 2014 to $920/ton in January and the current spot PET prices are below the $900/ton threshold,” Bertaggia stated.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa
- Vietnam’s PE market sees first hike attempts after two months