ChemOrbis Gaziantep Petrochemicals Summit: New fundamentals to play a role in shaping the future of Turkey’s PVC market
Dr. Yesilyurt highlighted that global PVC demand has been decreasing in the recent years in line with environmental and safety concerns, increasing recycling activities as well as substitution by other products. “PVC consumption has been negatively affected particularly in Asia due to a slowdown in construction activities in China and India,” he noted.
Based on the current outlook, Dr. Yesilyurt opined that PVC demand in Asia is expected to grow at slightly lower rates compared to previous years given the slowdown in China.
Later in his presentation, Dr. Yesilyurt spoke about the changing fundamentals which are likely to play an important role in shaping the Turkish PVC market in the near future. He stated, “Turkey’s PVC consumption might be hampered by a series of factors such as the slower growth of the Turkish economy in the recent years, the increasing number of environmental regulations across the board and the fact that recycling consumption is gaining momentum.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PLAST EURASIA 2022: Eyes on Russian and US supplies with demand woes in focus
- December PE offers to SE Asia imply further drops, yet to respond to China
- Has the bear market for Asian PVC almost run its course?
- Demand outlook for crude oil dims amid China worries
- Asian styrene prices rebound from almost two-year lows
- Turkey’s PE market on brink of new drops for December
- Signs of optimism in China PP and PE markets, but caution remains
- Egypt’s import PP, PE markets flat but domestic prices turn upwards in Nov
- PVC downturn enters 7th month, prices still far from pre-pandemic levels in Europe
- Aggressive US PE offers make a scene across global markets in Q4 after a hiatus of 2 years