ChemOrbis Gaziantep Petrochemicals Summit: New fundamentals to play a role in shaping the future of Turkey’s PVC market
Dr. Yesilyurt highlighted that global PVC demand has been decreasing in the recent years in line with environmental and safety concerns, increasing recycling activities as well as substitution by other products. “PVC consumption has been negatively affected particularly in Asia due to a slowdown in construction activities in China and India,” he noted.
Based on the current outlook, Dr. Yesilyurt opined that PVC demand in Asia is expected to grow at slightly lower rates compared to previous years given the slowdown in China.
Later in his presentation, Dr. Yesilyurt spoke about the changing fundamentals which are likely to play an important role in shaping the Turkish PVC market in the near future. He stated, “Turkey’s PVC consumption might be hampered by a series of factors such as the slower growth of the Turkish economy in the recent years, the increasing number of environmental regulations across the board and the fact that recycling consumption is gaining momentum.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PE rally loses momentum on subsiding demand in Türkiye
- PVC prices flat for 2nd straight month in Italy and West Europe
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out