ChemOrbis Gaziantep Petrochemicals Summit: New fundamentals to play a role in shaping the future of Turkey’s PVC market
Dr. Yesilyurt highlighted that global PVC demand has been decreasing in the recent years in line with environmental and safety concerns, increasing recycling activities as well as substitution by other products. “PVC consumption has been negatively affected particularly in Asia due to a slowdown in construction activities in China and India,” he noted.
Based on the current outlook, Dr. Yesilyurt opined that PVC demand in Asia is expected to grow at slightly lower rates compared to previous years given the slowdown in China.
Later in his presentation, Dr. Yesilyurt spoke about the changing fundamentals which are likely to play an important role in shaping the Turkish PVC market in the near future. He stated, “Turkey’s PVC consumption might be hampered by a series of factors such as the slower growth of the Turkish economy in the recent years, the increasing number of environmental regulations across the board and the fact that recycling consumption is gaining momentum.”
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures
- Weaker domestic demand prompts Vietnam to export polymers