Chevron Phillips achieves completion of new ethane cracker
The new 1.5 million tons/year cracker has begun the commissioning activities and the company is planning to achieve consistent on-spec production upon its start-up.
In June, Chevron announced the completion of the construction of its two new PE lines in Old Ocean, Texas which were also part of the U.S. Gulf Coast petrochemical project along with the new ethane cracker.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June