Chevron completes expansion project at Texas complex
The complex has a production capacity of 4.3 billion pounds/year (2 million tons/year) of ethylene. The company aims to increase their olefins and derivative businesses and thereby meet growing global demand via their expansion project.
Meanwhile, Chevron also plans to start its U.S. Gulf Coast Petrochemicals Project in 2017 including the construction of an ethane cracker at its Cedar Bayou plant in Baytown, Texas and two PE units in Old Ocean, Texas.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- US PE prices move down on weak appetite from export markets
- Further price cuts in Vietnam’s PP market fail to revive demand
- Asian PS, ABS markets remain weak on rising trade tensions
- Spot styrene sharply down in Europe and Asia
- Expectations soften for PP raffia, fibre yet to follow in Turkey
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets