Chiba Chemicals to expand ethylene capacity in Asia
As part of the plan to be able to meet the global competition, Chiba Chemicals is planning to increase the production capacity of its ethylene facility at Anegasaki plant in Idemitsu and reduce the costs of manufacturing ethylene, propylene and other by products, the reports revealed, which, in return, is expected to increase the facilities’ profitability thanks to diversification.
The construction work for expansion is expected to start in autumn, 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Freight rates snap rally, Red Sea crisis keeps decreases in check
- Worsening dollar shortage pushes Egypt’s local PP, PE prices to never-before-seen highs
- Stats: US PE exports hit a renewed record in 2023, sales to China boom
- Türkiye’s PP market continues to grapple with tight supply, prices at multi-month highs
- Margin expansion targets push Italy’s PE film markets to multi-month highs
- LDPE prices rise faster than other PP, PE products in India’s bullish market
- Headwinds await China’s PP, PE markets post-holiday period
- Türkiye’s 2023 imports set a new record at 6.3 million tons; PE, PVC and ABS shine out
- Modest supply sends PVC prices to almost 5-month highs in Türkiye
- PP markets in Italy and West Europe edgy as supplies shrink, costs rise