Chiba Chemicals to expand ethylene capacity in Asia
As part of the plan to be able to meet the global competition, Chiba Chemicals is planning to increase the production capacity of its ethylene facility at Anegasaki plant in Idemitsu and reduce the costs of manufacturing ethylene, propylene and other by products, the reports revealed, which, in return, is expected to increase the facilities’ profitability thanks to diversification.
The construction work for expansion is expected to start in autumn, 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Taiwanese major poised to come lower for a 3rd month to Asian PVC markets
- Covid concerns loom large in China, hitting demand and supply-chain
- Egypt’s PVC markets extend drops into January
- SE Asian PP, PE markets look for direction amid tepid demand, rising freights
- European PS, ABS markets open 2022 on firm footing
- Asia PET prices extend gains into January
- China’s PVC exports hit records in 2021; challenge global suppliers
- Stats: Turkey’s PP, PE imports on track for record-setting year
- What to watch in 2022 in polymer markets?
- Turkey’s PE markets retain downtrend as 2021 ends