Chiba Chemicals to expand ethylene capacity in Asia
As part of the plan to be able to meet the global competition, Chiba Chemicals is planning to increase the production capacity of its ethylene facility at Anegasaki plant in Idemitsu and reduce the costs of manufacturing ethylene, propylene and other by products, the reports revealed, which, in return, is expected to increase the facilities’ profitability thanks to diversification.
The construction work for expansion is expected to start in autumn, 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Asian ethylene and propylene slide into steeper backwardation on demand, oversupply
- China PP, PE markets on nearly 3-month losing streak amid scant demand
- June PP, PE prices drop further on weakened activities in Egypt
- Europe’s PS, ABS markets come off peaks on plunging costs
- Asian polymer markets unfazed by crude oil rally
- India’s polymer demand slowly heals pandemic-inflicted wounds
- LDPE faces a tougher slog in Asia, Europe still on a tear
- Weakness extends to June in Saudi Arabian PP, PE markets
- European PP signals stabilization after 7 months of hikes
- Turkish plastic recycling market in deadlock–solution awaited on import waste ban