Chiba Chemicals to expand ethylene capacity in Asia
As part of the plan to be able to meet the global competition, Chiba Chemicals is planning to increase the production capacity of its ethylene facility at Anegasaki plant in Idemitsu and reduce the costs of manufacturing ethylene, propylene and other by products, the reports revealed, which, in return, is expected to increase the facilities’ profitability thanks to diversification.
The construction work for expansion is expected to start in autumn, 2017.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019