China’s imports of Iranian HD, LD and LLDPE slump in H1
Data suggests that China imported a total of 603,851 tons of HDPE from Iran in the January-June period of 2017, down by around 12% when compared to the same period of last year. Iran was the top HDPE supplier of China in the first four months of 2017, yet it lost its place to Saudi Arabia in May and June.
Imports of Iranian LDPE, meanwhile, showed its weakest monthly performance of 2017 in June, decreasing by around 34% from a month earlier to reach 30,745 tons. In the first half of the year, China’s cumulative LDPE imports from Iran fell to 269,906 tons, down 5.2% on a yearly basis.
As for LLDPE, imports from Iran were mostly unchanged on the year while they were up by 8% from a month earlier in June to reach 11,309 tons. In the first half of the year, on the other hand, China’s cumulative LLDPE imports from Iran were down by around 21%, standing at 65,836 tons.
Looking at China’s overall polymer imports in June, Iran was not able to rank among the top five suppliers for the first time this year with a total of 117,070 tons of polymers, the lowest monthly figure since November 2016. Iran mainly exports PE to China while its share is quite thin in other polymers.
The top five polymer exporters to China in June were Saudi Arabia (217,477 tons), Taiwan (218,956 tons), South Korea (209,399 tons), the United Arab Emirates (132,787 tons) and Singapore (121,468 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey PP, PE markets propelled higher by shipping bottlenecks in Sept
- Are record-high PVC prices the new normal amid enduring pandemic?
- European PVC up for 16th month in Sept, prices touch new highs
- Egypt’s PP, PE markets rise on tightness in September
- Logistics snarls propel import PP, PE offers higher in Europe
- Import PVC prices near all-time highs in India, disparity with China/SEA grows
- PP, PE supplies rise in China; demand lags behind expectations despite peak season
- Stats: China’s July PE imports increase after 3 months of declines
- Will Asia’s PS markets follow ABS higher on cost support?
- Sept PET expectations diverge in shade of opposite factors in Europe