China, S.Korea, Japan closer to free trade agreement
So far, the countries have discussed various issues including goods, services, investment, competition, intellectual property rights, e-commerce and environment. In the coming round of negotiations, the countries plan to deal with market liberalization for products, services and investment.
China is Japan’s leading trading partner, with a bilateral trade valued at over $332 billion in 2012 while Japan and South Korea are China’s third and fourth largest trading partners, with total trade valued at $332 billion and $257 billion, respectively. China is the leading trade partner of South Korea with Japan in second rank and South Korea is Japan’s fourth largest trading partner with a total trade worth over $103 billion in 2012.
Meanwhile, China and South Korea have concluded substantive negotiations for a bilateral FTA. Under the FTA, over 90%of the goods traded between China and South Korea will be subject to zero tariffs, with the goods in question accounting for more than 85% of the bilateral trade value between the two countries.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Supply constraints, demand send Turkey PE market to 2-month high
- China's PP upturn enters third week on more bullish fundamentals
- Asia PET markets increase marginally on cost support, healthy Chinese demand
- Southeast Asian PVC markets supported by Indian demand
- Gradually returning demand offers glimmer of hope in polymer markets
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations