China adopts new five-year economic plan
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang expressed that there would be job losses following the application of the planned measures, particularly in the steel and coal industries, though he assured that the layoffs would not result in mass redundancies.
Recently, reports by media sources suggested that China may lay off up to six million state workers over the next five years in an attempt to transform its manufacturing-based economy into a service-based one.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- European players question if bottom is near for PE
- Asian ABS players turn cautious after recent rally
- July PVC dealt lower in Europe, what lies ahead for August?
- China’s Jan-May total polymer imports hit a record of nearly two decades
- India’s local PVC market soars to 6-month high after customs hike
- China’s export PET market faces correction after rising 10% from two-year-low
- Spot propylene moves in opposite directions in Asia and Europe
- European PS hits year-to-date low on July drops
- Turkey’s PP market on par with China, LLDPE and HDPE trade at discount
- Bearish trend persists in July for PP, PE in Mid-East, Africa