China and South Korea conclude talks on FTA
Official talks were initially started in May, 2012. The trade between China and South Korea was valued at $274 billion last year and with the new agreement, the parties target to raise their bilateral trade to $300 billion by 2015. The FTA will cover trade in goods and services as well as investment and trade rules. No specific effective date for the agreement has been set.
China is the biggest trade partner of South Korea and the largest market for South Korea’s exports while South Korea is the third most important trade partner of China and the fifth largest source of China’s foreign investment.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will PE supplies from China flock to SEA?
- LDPE, LLDPE highest since Q3 2018; HDPE at 6-month high in Europe
- Intensifying trade war adds to bearishness in China’s local PP, PE markets
- PET prices hit multi-month lows in Asia and Europe
- Rising momentum fizzles out in European PS, ABS markets
- European PVC offers to Turkey shrug off higher costs
- Asian PVC players hold firm expectations for June
- May PP, PE offers to Mid-East, Africa remain stable to firm
- Global energy producers report lower Q1 results amid volatile crude prices
- China’s Q1 polymer imports set a new record near 6 million tons