China and South Korea conclude talks on FTA
Official talks were initially started in May, 2012. The trade between China and South Korea was valued at $274 billion last year and with the new agreement, the parties target to raise their bilateral trade to $300 billion by 2015. The FTA will cover trade in goods and services as well as investment and trade rules. No specific effective date for the agreement has been set.
China is the biggest trade partner of South Korea and the largest market for South Korea’s exports while South Korea is the third most important trade partner of China and the fifth largest source of China’s foreign investment.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- What propels PE prices higher in China?
- Vietnam PP, PE markets keep rising but some cautiousness remains
- Malaysia PP exports almost triple in February
- Spot ethylene markets rally on diminishing supply in Asia, Europe
- Will European PP markets change direction after 3 months?
- Turkish PP, PE players leaving market for holiday with firm post-Eid expectations
- June PVC hikes exceed expectations in Asia, sustainability under discussion
- Import PS, ABS markets recover amid upstream gains in Egypt
- PP, PE markets on a slight uptrend in Indonesia despite Ramadan lull
- European PE hovers around 11-year low, is reversal near?