China and South Korea conclude talks on FTA
Official talks were initially started in May, 2012. The trade between China and South Korea was valued at $274 billion last year and with the new agreement, the parties target to raise their bilateral trade to $300 billion by 2015. The FTA will cover trade in goods and services as well as investment and trade rules. No specific effective date for the agreement has been set.
China is the biggest trade partner of South Korea and the largest market for South Korea’s exports while South Korea is the third most important trade partner of China and the fifth largest source of China’s foreign investment.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Early July expectations emerge softer in Europe’s PP market
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs