China and South Korea conclude talks on FTA
Official talks were initially started in May, 2012. The trade between China and South Korea was valued at $274 billion last year and with the new agreement, the parties target to raise their bilateral trade to $300 billion by 2015. The FTA will cover trade in goods and services as well as investment and trade rules. No specific effective date for the agreement has been set.
China is the biggest trade partner of South Korea and the largest market for South Korea’s exports while South Korea is the third most important trade partner of China and the fifth largest source of China’s foreign investment.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Sentiment cautiously rebounds in Asian PP, PE markets
- Asian monomer markets react after crude oil surge
- September hikes meet resistance for ABS in Europe
- Turkey’s import PP market slumps to 3-year low on supply glut, low demand
- Import PVC demand dampened in Europe, Turkey; will it improve in H2?
- Chinese PET producers attempt for hikes first time since July
- Uptrend in spot styrene prices curtailed in Asia
- Spot LDPE, LLDPE prices hit a decade low in Italy
- Saudi major globally applies significant drops on PE for Sept
- Malaysia’s local PE market dives to a decade low