China and South Korea conclude talks on FTA
Official talks were initially started in May, 2012. The trade between China and South Korea was valued at $274 billion last year and with the new agreement, the parties target to raise their bilateral trade to $300 billion by 2015. The FTA will cover trade in goods and services as well as investment and trade rules. No specific effective date for the agreement has been set.
China is the biggest trade partner of South Korea and the largest market for South Korea’s exports while South Korea is the third most important trade partner of China and the fifth largest source of China’s foreign investment.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?
- US PVC offers in Egypt rise steadily but resistance grows in tandem
- PE buyers’ resistance grows in SEA; duty-free origins more competitive than Mid-East
- Polymer demand cools in Turkey: Is price correction ahead for PP, PE and PVC?
- China’s rising PET trend takes a pause, but longer-term outlook remains firm
- Uptrend in China’s import PP market continues but cautious mood returns
- Hikes in Asia July PVC offers baffle some buyers, further rally under discussion
- Optimism is rising on resurgent demand in European polymer markets