China and UAE to establish $10 Billion co-investment fund
The new fund reportedly will be managed by the UAE’s Mubadala Development Co., China Development Bank Capital and China’s State Administration of Foreign Exchange while it will address strategic sectors including conventional and renewable energy, infrastructure, and technology and advanced manufacturing. The new fund is also expected to open ways to alternative investments in emerging markets.
Via the new joint fund, China aims to strengthen its commercial and political ties with the Middle East and to build new trade routes between East and West while the UAE eyes to strengthen its position of being a logistics hub for Chinese trading activities with Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Shipping costs show no sign of abating yet
- PP, PE gains extend into April but demand slips further in Africa
- Triple-digit hikes send Europe’s PP market to fresh all-time highs
- Turkey’s PET markets extend drops into April, pervaded by weak demand
- US PVC offers resurface at competitive levels in Egypt, Turkey
- China import PE prices extend losses into April on lower costs
- Bullish price environment continues in Egypt’s PP, PE markets
- Unexpected plant shutdown fails to cease local PP downturn in Indonesia
- Export PVC prices out of China provide competitive edge
- European PP, PE set for 6th bullish month, is peak near?