China and UAE to establish $10 Billion co-investment fund
The new fund reportedly will be managed by the UAE’s Mubadala Development Co., China Development Bank Capital and China’s State Administration of Foreign Exchange while it will address strategic sectors including conventional and renewable energy, infrastructure, and technology and advanced manufacturing. The new fund is also expected to open ways to alternative investments in emerging markets.
Via the new joint fund, China aims to strengthen its commercial and political ties with the Middle East and to build new trade routes between East and West while the UAE eyes to strengthen its position of being a logistics hub for Chinese trading activities with Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Local PP, PE offers for July track global uptrend in Saudi Arabia
- Initial ABS prices for July see larger increases than PS in Europe
- Supply constraints spark stronger PE trend than PP in global markets
- ABS, PS uptrend falters in China after H1 2020 ends at multi-month highs
- Stats: China’s total PP imports spike in May; Vietnam and India’s rising shares shine out
- Tight supply drives HDPE, LLDPE gains in Southeast Asia
- European PE markets set for 2nd bullish month on rising costs
- Turkey’s PP and PE markets propelled to a firm start to H2 despite vulnerable conditions
- Asian PVC sees V-shaped recovery in Q2, what will Q3 bring?
- Will capacity additions cast cloud on ethylene upsurge in Asia?