China devalues yuan by most since January
The dollar rose following a surge in China’s exports, which might be a signal of recovery in the country’s slowing economy.
China provided stimulus measures to support the currency and maintain liquidity. The PBOC injected CNY285.5 billion ($44 billion) worth of funds into the financial system by means of its medium-term lending facility (MLF) tool.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Import PE prices fall to lowest in more than a decade across Asia
- Tightness pushes Asian PVC markets to 3-month high
- China’s PE market continues bearish run on sluggish demand
- PP and PE markets turn softer in Egypt, Mid-East
- European PET extends bearish trend into 3rd consecutive month
- European PS, ABS markets down after 4 months
- Thai PP, PE markets subdued by slowing economy, competitive imports
- Vietnam’s PE market extends losses into June on frail demand
- Asian spot naphtha prices pull back from multi-month highs
- China gears up for new PP start-ups in H2 2019