China lowers interest rates to fresh record low
The recent rate cut is the latest attempt by the government to overcome a slowing economy and meet its 2015 growth target of 7%. Some policy makers think that there is still room for further easing due to weak inflation and a slump in producer prices.
In the third quarter, growth in China’s gross domestic product (GDP) fell below 7% for the first time since the first quarter of 2009 to rise by 6.9% in the July-September period.
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Will European PE market sustain uptrend following higher ethylene?
- COVID-19 resurgence weighs on polymer sentiment in Vietnam
- Stats: Turkey’s H1 polymer imports defy pandemic, hit all-time high
- Stats: China’s total PP, PE imports set a new record in H1 2020
- Lackluster demand outweighs tightness in Asian ABS markets
- Will costs drum up support for a 3rd-month-firming in Europe PET market?
- Import PE markets give softening signals in China, SE Asia
- PVC supplies tight, demand robust across Europe
- China’s local PP, PE markets snap nine-week rally
- Turnarounds keep PP supply tight in SE Asia