China posts record high polymer imports in March
Polymer imports surged 84% in March when compared to the previous month to reach 1,963,999 tons. On a yearly basis, imports were up significantly by 45%. February import figures had been weighed down by the week long Chinese New Year holidays.
The top five polymer exporters to China in March were Saudi Arabia (368,792 tons), South Korea (282,815 tons), Taiwan (201,425 tons), Thailand (190,807 tons) and Iran (172,264 tons). According to the data, Iran movedin to the top five while Singapore slipped to number six in March.
In March 2015, the country’s LDPE imports surged by 90% month over month to reach 227,087 tons while imports also increased 32% when compared to the same month of 2014. Iran was the top LDPE supplier to China with 40,816 tons, followed by Saudi Arabia (28,355 tons).
LLDPE imports jumped 129% on a monthly basis to reach 314,626 tons in March. Imports were also up by 33% when compared to March 2014. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to China with 75,774 tons, followed by Singapore (65,920 tons) and Thailand (59,506 tons).
China’s HDPE imports spiked by 85% from February to reach 596,937 tons in March while they were also significantly up 74% on a year over year basis. Saudi Arabia was the top supplier to China in March with 132,799 tons, followed by Iran (124,518 tons), the United Arab Emirates (85,405 tons) and South Korea (75,422 tons).
Imports for homo-PP surged 72% on the month to reach 392,445 tons in March while they increased by around 35% when compared to the same month of the previous year. Saudi Arabia stood on the top of the homo-PP import list with 108,254 tons.
PP copolymer imports significantly rose by around 106% month over month to reach 157,083 tons. Taiwan was the top exporter to China with 38,820 tons followed by Singapore (34,768 tons) and South Korea (24,108 tons).
For PVC, imports moved up 32% month on month to 82,062 tons in March. The top PVC exporter to China in March was the USA (30,748 tons), followed by Japan (22,970 tons) and Taiwan (21,693 tons).
China’s PS imports were up around 63% month over month to 58,521 tons in March. Taiwan was the top PS exporter to China in March with 20,215 tons.
Meanwhile, the country’s ABS imports for March posted a hefty increase of 60% on the month to reach 132,854 tons while they were also up around 13% year over year. Taiwan stood on the top of the ABS import list with 69,759 tons, followed by South Korea (43,153 tons).
More free plastics newsPlastic resin (PP, LDPE, LLDPE ,HDPE, PVC, GPS; HIPS, PET, ABS) prices, polymer market trends, and more...
- Europe PVC prices lag behind global markets, upward pressure mounts
- PS, ABS markets take respite from rising streak in China, SEA
- Muted demand in Europe paves way for plenty of PP, PE offers in Turkey
- Import PE uptrend persists in China despite bearish winds mounting in local market
- 3-digit hikes in Oct PVC offers reinforce supply-driven bullishness in Asia
- Crude oil caught between demand woes and production disruption
- Tightness drives European PVC market up, prices near pre-pandemic levels
- Major LDPE markets touch multi-year highs on growing tightness
- A prospect for Q4 through uncharted waters of 2020 amid pandemic
- China's import PP markets maintain uptrend under shadow of oil-driven losses in Dalian futures